Lifetime Fitness provides once in a lifetime health opportunities

Noah Blackwell and Isaiah Harborth, Journalism Staff Reporters

Lifetime Fitness “The Healthy Way Of Life Company” is the newest hottest gym in Roseville that has everybody all over the Sacramento area talking. The new 120,000 square foot location will be opening May 7th  in East Roseville.

They offer a variety of sport facilities such as: running, cycling, swimming, basketball, tennis, racquetball, and squash. The fitness facility is amazing, they have many programs and activities for kids to do while parents are working out. Woodcreek high school teacher Jonathan Becker explained that the biggest reason he joined lifetime is the karate and dance classes he can put his son and daughter in while he works out. Adding to this outstanding list of amenities, they also have a cafe`, spa, and hold many athletic events.

Lifetime offers a variety of different membership options, including single, dual and family memberships. Single memberships start at $77/month or $924/year, with a $189 initiation fee.  Starting a membership at Lifetime Fitness can be pretty pricey in comparison to other local gyms, but they offer amenities that other gyms do not have. Lifetime also offers exclusive deals like a free 200 “LT” dollars and an hour tour when you sign-up. In addition, to a one hour tour, new members are offered a free workout plan consultation with a professional fitness trainer. However, the high prices can be a turn off to some, Tavalas Drummer, junior athlete said,

“ I wouldn’t spend that much for a gym membership because I can work out at the school for free.”

Some exclusive amenities they offer are: indoor and outdoor pools with water slides, rock climbing wall, kid center, healthy cafe, spa, and complimentary towels and lockers.

Lifetime provides educated professional trainers, weight loss coaches, health advisors, run and cycle coaches, and best-in-class group fitness instructors. Lifetime Fitness is a great place for you to accomplish any fitness goals you might have, whether you are training to play Division 1 football, or just trying to shed a couple pounds, a Lifetime Fitness membership will provide you with the tools necessary.