• ACT 10/27

• SAT 10/6

• Homecoming Dance Tickets ON SALE ! 9/24/18

Volleyball plays for a cause

Paris Gockley, Sports Editor

Woodcreek varsity volleyball played its last game of the season on October 26, ending the year on a 1-11 league record, with an overall record of 6-22. Last week, on October 17, the girls hosted an event to raise awareness for pediatric cancer patients in a game against Del Oro. Although the varsity team wasn’t able to pull of a win, losing to Del Oro with the score 0 to 3, the girls won in the hearts of parents and children who are fighting to find a cure for the destructive disease.

The event was organized by varsity volleyball player Erika Molebash in honor of Lily Chiquet and her devastating fight against leukemia, a fight which was grievously lost in May of this year. Sponsored by the Lily Chiquet Strength Foundation, which was founded by former students Michelle Kuhlke-Chiquet (and assistant coach for the varsity volleyball team) and Sean Chiquet, the game featured an auction that consisted of amazing opportunities like the chance to win a condo in Kona, Hawaii for a Thanksgiving break vacation. The auction bid and the event was a success, with the Woodcreek girls volleyball collecting $1,310 for the foundation whilst raising awareness for pediatric cancers and the devastation in can leave in its wake.

To learn more about Lily and her fight, or to donate to her foundation, visit http://www.lilychiquetfoundation.org/

Volleyball plays for a cause