• Winter Break Starting 12/21

• CMP Concert 12/12

• Winter Concert 12/11 and 12/13

Homecoming: Woodcreek vs. Rocklin

Paris Gockley, Sports Editor

Friday night saw lights bursting in the air, princes and princesses dancing on the track, and two suspenseful, heartfelt football games that set the tone for a heartfelt homecoming. In the JV and Varsity football games that took place on October 21st, Woodcreek faced off against Rocklin on our home turf, the two games coming down to the wire, each with decidedly different outcomes.

The JV game was low-scoring for most of the time, with Woodcreek up 7-6 with about 7 minutes left. It was looking like the JV boys would be able to fend off a Rocklin win by one point. However, though they tried their best to stop them, Rocklin was able to slip by and score a touchdown in the last minutes of the game, resulting in a 12-7 loss.

The Varsity game, however, had more of a happy ending. Woodcreek started off strong with a touchdown, putting them up 7-0, then 14-0. In the 2nd quarter, Rocklin was able to catch up, and the score going into halftime was tied up at 14-14. Halftime must have been rejuvenating, as the boys then came back out at Rocklin strong, winning the game 24-14. Their hard fought win was not without tragedy, as, unfortunately, a member of the Rocklin team was hit hard, and carried out on an ambulance. Football can be a dangerous game, and as the player was carried away, the Varsity boys raised their helmets in salute, and we all hoped that he was okay.

The homecoming football game was full of suspense and surprises, with an amazing performance by the Woodcreek Varsity team. Varsity’s record in league is now tied at 2 wins and 2 losses, so here’s to hoping the rest of their season is just as amazing as Friday night was.

Paris Gockley, Sports Editor

Hello, my name is Paris Gockley, I’m a senior here at Woodcreek High School and the Sports Editor for your Wolfpack Press. I’ve been writing since...

Homecoming: Woodcreek vs. Rocklin