Mother’s Day gift ideas

Mother’s Day gift ideas

Katie Jensen, Journalism Staff Reporter

This Saturday, May 10th is Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is a day of honoring and showing appreciation to our moms.

One traditional way of honoring mom is with gifts. Gifts do not have to be huge or spectacular, just something that shows your mom you love them. A card, a bouquet of flowers, even a hug could suffice.

A gift idea that will leave your mom in awe is a care basket. Put all of your mom’s favorite things into the basket in a creative way. Some items that would work could be your mom’s favorite scent of lotion or perfume, a gift card for a massage, or her favorite candy.

Another idea is an appreciation jar. Find any type of jar or container and decorate it however you want. Next, take pretty paper and write things you love or are appreciative about your mom on them. After that cut each out, fold, and place into the jar.

The third idea is a photo tile. You will need Mod Podge, a tile, and a picture. Simply take the tile, apply a layer of Mod Podge, and place the picture on it (after you have cut it to the right shape and size). The last step is to just add another layer of glue and any other decorations you would like!

These are some easy gift ideas that are sure to make your mom very happy on her special day. As high school students, money can be tight sometimes so do not stress over buying your mom a gift. She loved the macaroni noodle necklace from elementary school so she will love a handmade gift or card.