• Winter Break Starting 12/21

• CMP Concert 12/12

• Winter Concert 12/11 and 12/13

Key club: the club that gives back

Kaylei Grijalva, Journalism Staff Reporter

Every Monday around noon in the small gym, roughly a hundred students gather for their weekly meeting of Key Club;  an international program for students which allows them to volunteer in their community. The club is designed to build leadership within yourself while serving for your school and peers.

Juniors Haley Dust and Hannah Realiza, have been Key Club members as of this year and say their experience has been incredible so far.

“Being able to give back to the community while having the opportunity to make new friends is one of my favorite parts of Key Club,”

Haley Dust stated. Every week at their meetings, the student officers start off by leading everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance and their very own Key Club pledge.

Moving into the main part of each meeting, the student officers inform everyone of new volunteering opportunities that are highly encouraged to participate in. The events range from service days to book fairs, both of them being fun activities to be involved in.

“My favorite event was working at the local band concert because I got to make new friends and help out the people who organized this event,”

Hannah Realiza explains. These type of events are planned in hope that they’ll somehow receive volunteers for extra help in running the event. Key Club members are constantly eager to offer an extra hand to people who need them most.

Events like these would not have been able to turn out as successful without key club members there to help.

Kaylei Grijalva is a Junior at Woodcreek High School. Her biggest inspiration is her mom because she does a lot for her family. Kaylei hopes that she is...

Key club: the club that gives back