• Winter Break 12/21-1/8/2018

• Finals: 12/19 -12/20

• Winter Concert: 12/13 -12/14

Study guide to midterms

Cassandra Bennett, On the Quad Editor

Put down those cellphones and crack open the books: It’s Mid-terms! The 2 days every student stress’s over. If you haven’t been doing your work this year or not studying, these are the days that really count against you. For those people who are getting prepared ahead of time here’s some tips to ace your Midterms.

Firstly, start making a strict schedule for yourself. Putting aside your facebook or X-box time, this is the time to study for your classes for at least an 2 hours a night. Sacrificing your technology or social pleasures must be made to prepare for these big tests. Also, scheduled breaks in your study time. You don’t have to be studying 24/7, take breaks so you can process what you’ve been studying and rejuvenate yourself.

For your studying material, empty out your mixed up binder and pull out your old homework, past notes, and your extinct quizzes. Note parts in the quizzes and homework you’ve been having difficulties with. after that, create a review sheet of everything you’ve learned as a study guide.

Tutoring for mid-terms is available at the Woodcreek High School library after school Tuesday and Wednesdays and open as late as 6:00 pm. Tutors are available for almost all subjects that all students struggle with.

Alec Solano, a fellow tutor at Woodcreek, claims that he has seen most students struggle in the subjects Math & Spanish. His advice to students who have issues with these subjects is, “Go over past quizzes and see what you have missed and study those parts more.” He also says to use the internet to your advantage to research topics that the students didn’t understand in class. To help him not stress over the big tests, he gives the good advice of being properly prepared for the subjects.

From the point of view of a diligent student, Bailey Stewart and Gabby Lao are getting well prepared for the subjects they have the most trouble with. For Bailey it’s the complex subject of math and for Gabby it’s the living subject of Biology. They each explain how the tutors help them and they both agree that they explain things a lot more thoroughly than the teachers do. For study advice Gabby states to, “Use your time wisely.” Bailey Stewart suggests “Don’t procrastinate and study as much as you can.”

To finally end this horrific night of studying, make sure to go to bed early and get a good night of rest. The next morning on the big test day make sure to eat a nutritious breakfast of some of your favorite foods. Review over your study guides before you go out the door to school. Remember this as well, relax and stay positive at your Mid-terms!

• Study guide to midterms

News

“Bright Lights, Big City Dance” WHS Dance Show!

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Check out this unique comic strip

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Meet Intern Kevin from 106.5 The End

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Four seniors earn National Merit Commendations

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Morning Homecoming Rally entertains with royalty and floats

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Join the Mountain Bike Race Team this Sunday for a fun ride

• Study guide to midterms

Top Stories

Meet the 2017 Homecoming Court

• Study guide to midterms

News

Homecoming Royalty 2017

• Study guide to midterms

News

The Disaster of Hurricane Harvey

• Study guide to midterms

News

Behind the Solar Eclipse 2017

Study guide to midterms